Quantcast

Adding a Data Tag to the schema

Kevin Carr
I am thinking of adding a data tag to the schema.  Something like:

<data table="widgets" replace="true">
<row>
<field type="string" name="widgetName" indexed="true">My first
widget</field>
<field type="number" name="id" />
<field type="string" name="category">Business</field>
</row>
    <row>
<field type="string" name="widgetName" indexed="true">My Second
widget</field>
<field type="number" name="id" auto="true" />
<field type="string" name="category">Business</field>
</row>
<row>
<field type="string" name="widgetName" indexed="true">My third
widget</field>
<field type="number" name="id" auto="true" />
<field type="string" name="category">Business</field>
</row>
</data>

Indexed would tell the code that this field is the should be searched first
to see if it exists, and replaced if it does.
Auto tells the code that this field is auto generated and shouldn't be
messed with.  Basically, the field is ignored when creating the update or
insert.

Does this sound like a good idea?  Am I trying to fix a problem that is
already fixed better elsewhere?

Thanks