Quantcast

BACKUP.HISTORY file

Lazur, Eric J.

Hello,

How can I turn off the creation of the BACKUP.HISTORY file that is created by the Derby database?  I am looking for a specific setting in the Derby configuration  that I can adjust that will allow me to either turn off the generation of the BACKUP.HISTORY file altogether or at least disable any writing of information to this file.  We are maintaining a system that does frequent backups and we are finding that these BACKUP.HISTORY files are growing very large and consuming to much disk space.

I have searched through the archives at the Derby site but I have been unable to locate any information that specifically addresses this issue.

Thank you,

-        Eric

JHU/APL

Re: BACKUP.HISTORY file

Peter Ondruška-4

--
Peter Ondruška

kaibo, s.r.o., ID 28435036, registered with the commercial register administered by the Municipal Court in Prague, section C, insert 141269.
Registered office and postal address: kaibo, s.r.o., Kališnická 379/10, Prague 3, 130 00, Czech Republic.
https://www.kaibo.eu

Re: BACKUP.HISTORY file

Bryan Pendleton-3
Seems reasonable to log an enhancement request, I think.

In the meantime, Eric, can you modify your system so that it truncates or removes
the BACKUP.HISTORY file after the successful completion of a backup?

bryan

RE: BACKUP.HISTORY file

Lazur, Eric J.

Bryan,

Yes, I plan to just add a routine that deletes the BACKUP.HISTORY file whenever our backup is run (which is quite frequent).  I would rather do this than tamper with the Derby source code even if it’s a trivial modification.

Thank you for the prompt response.  This is my first time working with the Derby community and the quick response to my question from you and others has been very helpful.

-        Eric

Eric J. Lazur

JHU/APL