Connecting to Apache Derby using DB2 unified driver

Connecting to Apache Derby using DB2 unified driver

Nigel Jones
What's known about how well this works?
I need to access a data source from a platform where I can't add the Apache Derby JDBC driver, but db2 is supported.
Do current versions of the db2 unified driver (db2jcc4.jar) still support Apache Derby?
(as it happens I'm using an old version 10.8 currently with db2 driver 4.22)
What version interop is there?
Would this only be for jdbc:derby:net URLs? or jdbc:db2 too?

I ask since I hit a little odd behaviour but wanted to check what was expected before persuing further

Many thanks!
Nigel.

Re: Connecting to Apache Derby using DB2 unified driver

Bryan Pendleton-3
Interoperability between the DB2 driver and the Derby server
disappeared many years ago.

I don't think Derby 10.8 is anywhere old enough for things to work
properly; I think the last serious testing of those configurations was
back in the 10.2, 10.3 days (though my memory is fuzzy).

However, if you got things to "mostly work", I'm sure the community
would be quite interested to hear the details, and of course if you
wanted to contribute patches to improve the Derby behavior in that
configuration, they would certainly receive attention by the
developers.

bryan

P.S. It's been years since I looked at the DB2 driver. Is it by any
chance open source now?