Quantcast

DB export stops when XML file is 63 MB

Thylex
Hi all,

I'm trying to use ddlutils to move a database from MySQL to Derby. The
schema XML file gets written just fine and looks OK, but it seems that the
export stops when the data-XML reaches around 63 MB in size. It stops in the
middle of a record without finishing that record. A check with wc shows the
XML file to have 636268 lines in it and 65.334.602 characters.
Since it stops in the middle of a record I get the feel that it runs into
some form of size limit, so...

Are there limits to the size of the XML export files?

I've tried with DdlUtils-1.0.jar from the download section, and I also tried
building one from the SVN trunk with the same result.

Best regards

Henrik Svensson

Re: DB export stops when XML file is 63 MB

Thomas Dudziak
Hi,

there should be no limits other than what the file system allows
(which should be way above 63MB). You could try bumping up the log
verbosity (via the verbosity parameter if you're using the Ant tasks)
to see if you get more details on what the problem is.

Tom