DERBY-6512 Cannot use java.util.Arrays.toString( byte[] b ) as a function.

DERBY-6512 Cannot use java.util.Arrays.toString( byte[] b ) as a function.

Dinuka Nadeeshan
I would like to contribute to this issue. Please assign me to this issue.

[DERBY-6512]

--
K. A. Dinuka Nadeeshan
Undergraduate of Dept. of Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Peradeniya, Sri-Lanka

Re: DERBY-6512 Cannot use java.util.Arrays.toString( byte[] b ) as a function.

Rick Hillegas-3
On 7/13/17 12:14 PM, Dinuka Nadeeshan wrote:
I would like to contribute to this issue. Please assign me to this issue.

[DERBY-6512]

--
K. A. Dinuka Nadeeshan
Undergraduate of Dept. of Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Peradeniya, Sri-Lanka

Hi Dinuka,

What is your JIRA user id? We need that id in order to assign the issue to you. If you haven't already signed up for a JIRA id, please do so at https://issues.apache.org/jira/login.jsp

Re: DERBY-6512 Cannot use java.util.Arrays.toString( byte[] b ) as a function.

Dinuka Nadeeshan
Hi Rick,

My JIRA user id is dinuka.n

thanks.

On 7/14/17 2:03 AM, Dinuka Nadeeshan wrote:
[...]

Just to confirm: The name associated with that JIRA id is Dinuka Kodithuwakku, which is not the name you used to sign this message. Is that the correct JIRA id?

Re: DERBY-6512 Cannot use java.util.Arrays.toString( byte[] b ) as a function.

Dinuka Nadeeshan
hi rick,

yes. it is correct. Dinuka Nadeeshan Kodithuwakku that is full name.
so my user id is dinuka.n
thanks

On 7/15/17 7:57 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
hi rick,

yes. it is correct. Dinuka Nadeeshan Kodithuwakku that is full name.
so my user id is dinuka.n
thanks
Thanks, Dinuka. I have assigned the bug to you. Cheers!

Re: DERBY-6512 Cannot use java.util.Arrays.toString( byte[] b ) as a function.

Dinuka Nadeeshan
hello,
I am trying to find the location that error occurs. To that I execute the queries that mentioned in issue description. Then it says

ERROR 42X51: The class 'org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.MergeStatementTest' does not exist or is inaccessible. This can happen if the class is not public.
ERROR XJ001: Java exception: 'org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.MergeStatementTest: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException'.

So where should I put the classes. or how can I solve this.

thanks

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 9:40 PM, Dinuka Nadeeshan <[hidden email]> wrote:
ok thank you rick...

On Jul 16, 2017 19:37, "Rick Hillegas" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 7/15/17 7:57 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
hi rick,

yes. it is correct. Dinuka Nadeeshan Kodithuwakku that is full name.
so my user id is dinuka.n
thanks
Thanks, Dinuka. I have assigned the bug to you. Cheers!

Undergraduate of Dept. of Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Peradeniya, Sri-Lanka

Re: DERBY-6512 Cannot use java.util.Arrays.toString( byte[] b ) as a function.

Bryan Pendleton-3

I am trying to find the location that error occurs. To that I execute the queries that mentioned in issue description. Then it says

ERROR 42X51: The class 'org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.MergeStatementTest' does not exist or is inaccessible. This can happen if the class is not public.
ERROR XJ001: Java exception: 'org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.MergeStatementTest: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException'.

That class is in 'derbyTesting.jar'. When you run 'ij' to reproduce the problem, ensure that your classpath contains derbyTesting.jar as well as all the regular Derby jars.

A simple way to do this is to set your classpath to include both derbyrun.jar and derbyTesting.jar. derbyrun.jar pulls in all the normal Derby jars, but derbyTesting.jar must be explicitly added to your classpath, it is not automatically put there.

bryan