Derby Newtork Client documentation

Jeff Levitt
I'd like to take a shot at updating the documentation
to include the Derby Client.  I've been mulling
several ways to do this, seeing as the current docs
use the IBM DB2 JCC Driver, db2jcc.jar etc.

So do want to replace all that with information from
the Derby Client (I would plan to use the Derby Client
spec to do that).  All syntax and examples would have
to be updated, but that's not too difficult.  The
question is what to do with the existing information.
Do we want to create a new section, say in the Server
Admin Guide appendix, that describes using the IBM JCC
Client rather than the Derby Client for those who
still want to use it?  Or should we take it out
altogether, and maybe make a separate whitepaper?

Either way, I think possibly a whitepaper on moving
from the old client to the Derby client would be
useful as well.

Suggestions?  Concerns?

Re: Derby Newtork Client documentation

David Van Couvering
Sounds great!  IMHO, we should reduce complexity and take out references
to the DB2 driver.  A separate white paper sounds good.  It's a special
case that someone would want to use this driver vs. the driver that just
comes with Derby...

David

Jeff Levitt wrote:

> I'd like to take a shot at updating the documentation
> to include the Derby Client.  I've been mulling
> several ways to do this, seeing as the current docs
> use the IBM DB2 JCC Driver, db2jcc.jar etc.
>
> So do want to replace all that with information from
> the Derby Client (I would plan to use the Derby Client
> spec to do that).  All syntax and examples would have
> to be updated, but that's not too difficult.  The
> question is what to do with the existing information.
> Do we want to create a new section, say in the Server
> Admin Guide appendix, that describes using the IBM JCC
> Client rather than the Derby Client for those who
> still want to use it?  Or should we take it out
> altogether, and maybe make a separate whitepaper?
>
> Either way, I think possibly a whitepaper on moving
> from the old client to the Derby client would be
> useful as well.
>
> Suggestions?  Concerns?

Re: Derby Newtork Client documentation

Satheesh Bandaram
+1. I think we should include JCC section, for the benifit of current
10.0 users.

Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Satheesh