Derby metadata locked, parameterized query.

Derby metadata locked, parameterized query.

Charron, Tom
  Recently, we have updated some code we have to go thru Parameterized queries, and we are seeing a rare, but odd, problem.

  Sometimes, we are encountering a lock timeout on the metadata during preparation of the queries.  What would cause the read only tables to be locked?

  We are running derby 10.9.1.0.

  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Derby metadata locked, parameterized query.

Rick Hillegas-3
On 6/8/17 9:52 AM, Charron, Tom wrote:
  Recently, we have updated some code we have to go thru Parameterized queries, and we are seeing a rare, but odd, problem.

  Sometimes, we are encountering a lock timeout on the metadata during preparation of the queries.  What would cause the read only tables to be locked?

  We are running derby 10.9.1.0.

  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Tom,

Can you include the error you are seeing and, if possible, the query which raises this error?

Thanks,

--Rick