ODBC

rssail
This post was updated on .
Is it possible to connect to the derby db on a windows 10 machine through
ODBC?  If so, can someone point me to some documentation, tutorial or
example on how this is done?  I have the jdbc-odbc bridge from Java 7

Sent from: http://apache-database.10148.n7.nabble.com/Apache-Derby-Users-f95095.html

Re: ODBC

Rick Hillegas-3
On 6/29/18 1:31 PM, rssail wrote:
> Is it possible to connect to the derby db on a windows 10 machine through
> ODBC?  If so, can someone point me to some documentation, tutorial or
> example on how this is done?
>

> --
> Sent from: http://apache-database.10148.n7.nabble.com/Apache-Derby-Users-f95095.html

Derby does not provide such a bridge. However, there are commercial
products which wrap an ODBC interface around a JDBC driver. See, for
instance, this page of links:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5352956/which-odbc-jdbc-bridge-maps-its-own-calls-to-jdbc-driver

Hope this helps,

Re: ODBC

rssail
Thanks for your comment.  It doesn't look like those links provide a windows
based solution.

On 6/30/18 3:13 PM, rssail wrote:
> Thanks for your comment.  It doesn't look like those links provide a windows
> based solution.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://apache-database.10148.n7.nabble.com/Apache-Derby-Users-f95095.html

The following link might help. I don't know. I don't use these bridges.
If this doesn't work, try googling for search terms like "odbc jdbc
driver windows 10"

https://medium.com/openlink-odbc-jdbc-ado-net-data-access-drivers/ojdbc-install-windows-95be636a48b7

Hope this helps,