OSGi manifest headers

Mark Raynsford
Hello!

Derby is now fully modularized in the JPMS sense, but I notice that
there's a rather glaring lack of OSGi manifest headers. This means that
Derby can't be used in an OSGi environment.

Is there any chance of getting Bnd or the maven-bundle-plugin
introduced into the part of the build that produces Maven artifacts?

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com

Re: OSGi manifest headers

Rick Hillegas-3
On 10/17/19 3:04 AM, Mark Raynsford wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Derby is now fully modularized in the JPMS sense, but I notice that
> there's a rather glaring lack of OSGi manifest headers. This means that
> Derby can't be used in an OSGi environment.
>
> Is there any chance of getting Bnd or the maven-bundle-plugin
> introduced into the part of the build that produces Maven artifacts?

Thanks for raising this topic. I have created
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-7056 to track this issue. I
recommend moving this discussion there.

None of the active Derby contributors is an OSGi expert. We will need
your advice on what's required.