Obtaining a scroll insensitive resultset from a select query.

Obtaining a scroll insensitive resultset from a select query.

Daniel Godefroy
I need to use a resultset with 4 or 5 rows for a payroll. I get it from
a simple select statement. I will use it for every employee in the
payroll. I need to process the different rows for each employee. The
recordset should then be of the type scrool_insensitive so that I can
start over for each employee. I can not find how to obtain this type of
recordset. i tried tu use the constant type resulSet.
TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE in teh prepared statement but I get an error
saying that it received 1 004 as an invalid parameter. Is it possible to
get the type of recordset I need?

--
Daniel Godefroy
Consultant en informatique de gestion
+1-514-448-1077

Re: Obtaining a scroll insensitive resultset from a select query.

Rick Hillegas-3
On 6/5/17 11:39 AM, Daniel Godefroy wrote:

> I need to use a resultset with 4 or 5 rows for a payroll. I get it
> from a simple select statement. I will use it for every employee in
> the payroll. I need to process the different rows for each employee.
> The recordset should then be of the type scrool_insensitive so that I
> can start over for each employee. I can not find how to obtain this
> type of recordset. i tried tu use the constant type resulSet.
> TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE in teh prepared statement but I get an error
> saying that it received 1 004 as an invalid parameter. Is it possible
> to get the type of recordset I need?

Hi Daniel,

For examples of using TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE, please see the Derby
tests in
java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/jdbcapi/SURTest.java.

Hope this helps,