Public API to start a network server?

Mark Raynsford
Hello!

We previously used to call the not-exactly-public NetworkServerControl
API to start up a Derby network server from the JVM. With the move to
JPMS modules, this API has become inaccessible to anyone that isn't the
org.apache.derby.engine or org.apache.derby.tests modules.

It'd be great if we could have a public API that could start up a
network server. Is there by any chance something like this that already
exist?

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com

Re: Public API to start a network server?

Mark Raynsford
On 2019-05-19T10:51:55 +0100
Mark Raynsford <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It'd be great if we could have a public API that could start up a
> network server. Is there by any chance something like this that already
> exist?

Sorry, my mistake. The NetworkServerControl class *is* in an exported
module. I confused myself thinking I needed access to the
NetworkServerControlImpl class.

Sorry for the noise!

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com

Re: Public API to start a network server?

Bryan Pendleton-3
No worries, glad you had a chance to check out Derby 10.15 and it's
working successfully for you!

Not everybody has moved to the new Modules system yet, so please do
share any additional feedback about your experience as you progress
more deeply into the new system.

bryan