Quantcast

Re: JDK 9 Developer Preview is now available on java.net

Re: JDK 9 Developer Preview is now available on java.net

Rick Hillegas-3
Thanks, Rory. When I try to compile Derby with build 164 of JDK 9, I get the following error on our Taglet implementations:

YaddaYaddaYadda  is not abstract and does not override abstract method toString(List<? extends DocTree>,Element) in Taglet

It appears that build 164 introduces another overload of toString(). I can't find javadoc for the new Taglet interface when I google around. I would appreciate a pointer to the javadoc for this new method and any other advice about how implementors should handle this one.

On 4/7/17 2:11 AM, Rory O'Donnell wrote:

Hi Rick,

JDK 9 Developer Preview is now available on java.net [1]

Developer Preview milestone: - A reasonably stable build suitable for broad testing by the developer community is available.
JDK 9 Builds 163 and higher include all planned features.

Attention annotation processing users and authors - Request for feedback on annotation processing API changes made in JDK 9.

As has been done previously during Java SE 7 and Java SE 8, the JSR 269 annotation processing API is undergoing a maintenance review (MR) as part of Java SE 9. Details of the changes in JDK 9 Early Access build 163 & build 164 available here [2]

Please report experiences running processors under JDK 9 and feedback on the API changes to the compiler-dev mailing list.
(If you haven’t already subscribed to that list then please do so first, otherwise your message will be discarded as spam.)

Rgds, Rory

[1] https://jdk9.java.net/download/
[2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/compiler-dev/2017-April/010896.html
--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager

Re: JDK 9 Developer Preview is now available on java.net

Rick Hillegas-3
On 4/9/17 11:36 PM, Muneer Kolarkunnu wrote:

Hi Rick,

This change is introduced from build 163 onwards, based on the task : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8176836 : Provide Taglet with context.

You can see more details in the task.

EA API documentation http://download.java.net/java/jdk9/docs/api/overview-summary.html doesn’t include some of the modules(including Taglet.java). We are working on that.

For time being you can get the API doc from the change set of this particular task: http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/jdk9/langtools/rev/5d030fd9de7a

Thanks, Muneer. That patch description made it clear that the toString() overload change is just a revised signature for an existing method. After adjusting the corresponding declarations in our Taglet implementations, Derby compiles cleanly with build 164 of JDK 9.

Thanks again,

Muneer