TIP: Run a derby network server with maven

TIP: Run a derby network server with maven

Steinar Bang
I needed to temporarily run a derby network server to examine behaviour
of some of my SQL queries, that was different in derby (which I use for
tests, both unit tests and integration tests), and PostgreSQL.

What I did, was to create a maven project that uses the
derby-maven-plugin[1] to start and run a derby network server[2].

To create a local derby network server, listening on port 1527, do:
 mkdir -p ~/git
 cd ~/git
 git clone https://github.com/steinarb/derby-runner.git
 cd derby-runner
 mvn install derby:run

[2] <https://github.com/steinarb/derby-runner>

Re: TIP: Run a derby network server with maven

Rick Hillegas-3
Thanks for these links, Steinar.