Quantcast

Unknown exception occurred while executing buildjars

Unknown exception occurred while executing buildjars

akssps011 (Bugzilla)
Hi

I checkout the latest source from the trunk and while executing "ant -quiet buildjars" I got the following error (though build was successful):

 [exec] Execute failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "svnversion"
: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
 [loadfile] C:\eclipsework\derbytrunk\changenumber.properties doesn't exist

I have never seen this message earlier so was just curious what does this mean. I have subversion for windows configured. The system I was using earlier for the build (win 7) had the exact build environment that I have now (on win XP), but never got this message in earlier builds.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks

--
Regards
Siddharth Srivastava

Me

Re: Unknown exception occurred while executing buildjars

Me
On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 3:54 AM, siddharth srivastava
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I checkout the latest source from the trunk and while executing "ant -quiet
> buildjars" I got the following error (though build was successful):
>
>>  [exec] Execute failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program
>> "svnversion"
>> : CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
>>  [loadfile] C:\eclipsework\derbytrunk\changenumber.properties doesn't
>> exist
>
> I have never seen this message earlier so was just curious what does this
> mean. I have subversion for windows configured. The system I was using
> earlier for the build (win 7) had the exact build environment that I have
> now (on win XP), but never got this message in earlier builds.
>
> Am I missing something ?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Regards
> Siddharth Srivastava

Hi,

At first glance this sounds like a set up problem. Or perhaps a bug in
windows 7 or subversion.
Perhaps you've already done the following, but these are the steps I
can think of:
- Perhaps there's a bug in the subversion version you're using on
windows 7? Run svnversion manually from a command line window.
If you still have the older system available, compare the result in
both systems.
- Create a small .xml that only does the ant call to exec svnversion,
and run that with ant -verbose. (You can copy the relevant section
from <trunk>/build.xml).
- Run the ant with -verbose.
- If the above give no hints, run the full build with the property
printCompilerProperties=true. Perhaps it gives some clue as to what's
happening. Again, if you have the older system still available,
compare.

HTH,
Myrna

[...]

Thanks for the suggestions. I will be trying these and will get back soon.

--
Regards
Siddharth Srivastava

Re: Unknown exception occurred while executing buildjars

robinsonmhj
It could be that you don't install the command line when you install TortoiseSVN, by default, the command line tool is not installed.

The other reason could be that you don't put your TortoiseSVN bin in the system path.