Quantcast

Using DDLUtils with h2database

pmendelson2
I would like to use ddlutils to seed and capture data from an h2 database.  I see that support for H2 is slotted for release 1.3.  I also see that there is a major 1.1 release that simplifies the dbms plugin mechanism.

If I need to use DDLUtils with h2 today which branch should I download and try to hack into?

Re: Using DDLUtils with h2database

Thomas Dudziak
On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:11 AM, pmendelson2 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to use ddlutils to seed and capture data from an h2 database.  I
> see that support for H2 is slotted for release 1.3.  I also see that there
> is a major 1.1 release that simplifies the dbms plugin mechanism.
>
> If I need to use DDLUtils with h2 today which branch should I download and
> try to hack into?

You should checkout trunk, and start with copying the hsqldb platform
classes which should be relatively similar. The steps then would be

* get the unit tests running against an H2 database
* fix the broken unit tests one by one

For the purpose of the above, it is easier to work with an external H2
database server instead of using it embedded.

hope that helps,
Tom

Re: Using DDLUtils 1.3 version

Sashik
Hi there

How can I get Ddltutils version 1.3? When I checkout the trunk and jar it, I'm getting Ddlutils-1.0.jar still. I need 1.3 version to check one of the exceptions that I'm getting using 1.0 version. With 1.0 I'm getting

org.apache.ddlutils.io.DataSinkException: There are 8 rows still not written because of missing referenced rows

exception. I wanted 1.3 version to see if that still exists. Can I check out that branch  in order to make 1.3 version jar?

Thanks
Sashi

Thomas Dudziak wrote