Using Derby as a network server

Daniel Godefroy
I am trying to use Derby as a network server. I have a network drive
mapped as Z: where the whole derby system is stored under z:javadb. I
have a z:/Derby/actif directory which contains the derby software. I
need that any computer can start the derby server and any other computer
can connect to it as a client. It seems that the computer strating the
derby server must start it as listening to 0.0.0.0. This works well on
the same computer. When I try to start another computer using the same
z: mapping it can not get to the derby server. According to what I
undrestand they can all start with 0.0.0.0 host name. Anyway on teh same
computer it works well.

--
Daniel Godefroy
Consultant en informatique de gestion
+1-514-448-1077

Re: Using Derby as a network server

Rick Hillegas-3
On 5/7/17 8:46 AM, Daniel Godefroy wrote:

> I am trying to use Derby as a network server. I have a network drive
> mapped as Z: where the whole derby system is stored under z:javadb. I
> have a z:/Derby/actif directory which contains the derby software. I
> need that any computer can start the derby server and any other
> computer can connect to it as a client. It seems that the computer
> strating the derby server must start it as listening to 0.0.0.0. This
> works well on the same computer. When I try to start another computer
> using the same z: mapping it can not get to the derby server.
> According to what I undrestand they can all start with 0.0.0.0 host
> name. Anyway on teh same computer it works well.

0.0.0.0 should mean that the NetworkServer is listening on all network
interfaces. Maybe you have a firewall problem which blocks other
machines from connecting?

Hope this helps,

-Rick