WG: [ANNOUNCEMENT][NEW]: Torque 5.0 released in September 2020

WG: [ANNOUNCEMENT][NEW]: Torque 5.0 released in September 2020

Georg Kallidis-2
Hi Torque Community,

Did you expect it? Yet, there it is: A new release of Torque version 5.0 !

Labelled version 5.0 it is still considered highly compatible with version

4.

This will bring finally a lot of refactoring to the public, see all
details below.

This release contains the following updates:

- 81 resolved JIRA issues:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TORQUE-359?jql=project%20%3D%20TORQUE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Resolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.0

- that is, a lot of bugfixes, cleanup and refactoring, e.g.
time/date/timestamp-string formatting, deprecated DBCP1 adapters, DBCP2 is

the default now.
- Updated almost all plugins, build and database dependencies, major
updates e.g. Velocity 2.0, Groovy 3.0.4, Log4J2, JUnit 5.
- Java 8
- Tested and build in Java 8, 11 14 with JUnit 5. New Docker testcontainer

profiles for mysql and postgresql added, butother databases could use this

approach as well. Check out the svn repo and add your code in torque-test!
- New refactored Torque ant task Torque4JDBCTransformTask, which uses the
velocity code generation mechanism and allows again generating the Torque
schema from a database.

Looking for more technical details?

Just have a look into the updated site
https://db.apache.org/torque/torque-5.0/index.html,
https://db.apache.org/torque/ might take a while to update.

Find the artifacts here:
https://db.apache.org/torque/torque-5.0/download.html
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/db/torque/torque-5.0/
and the keys to check the signatures here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/db/torque/KEYS.

If you decide to use it, or want to commit code, you will find the new
source trunk for the SNAPSHOT in svn here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/torque/trunk/, or check
https://db.apache.org/torque/torque-5.0/developer-info/subversion.html!

Feel free to contribute questions, proposals and of course code -
and last but not least, thanks to all the contributors!

Best regards,

Torque Dev

smime.p7s (15K) Download Attachment

Re: WG: [ANNOUNCEMENT][NEW]: Torque 5.0 released in September 2020

Jeffery Painter-2
Congrats to the team! I know you guys put a lot of effort into this one.

-

Jeff