When is the next release due?

Hooman Valibeigi
Hi

I am waiting for the next release of derby which includes the fix for bug #6918. The fix has been committed to both 10.14 and 10.13 branches 7 months ago. Does anyone know when the next release is due?

Best,
Hooman Valibeigi

Re: When is the next release due?

Rick Hillegas-3
On 6/17/17 5:52 AM, Hooman Valibeigi wrote:
Hi

I am waiting for the next release of derby which includes the fix for bug #6918. The fix has been committed to both 10.14 and 10.13 branches 7 months ago. Does anyone know when the next release is due?

Best,
Hooman Valibeigi

Hi Hooman,

We don't have a date for the next release yet. I agree that we should schedule one for later this year. Watch this link for news: https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/#Next_Release_Information

Hope this helps,

Re: When is the next release due?

Hooman Valibeigi
Hi Rick,

Bug #6918 affects all versions of derby and there has been no release ever since its discovery and resolution.
I think there should be a quicker release schedule for bug fixes as part of minor version upgrades and a longer schedule -- like the one currently in practice -- to get new features, enhancements and bug fixes as part of major version upgrades.
Is there going to be a 10.13.1.2 release?

Best,
Hooman Valibeigi

On 6/17/17 8:59 AM, Hooman Valibeigi wrote:
Hi Rick,

Bug #6918 affects all versions of derby and there has been no release ever since its discovery and resolution.
I think there should be a quicker release schedule for bug fixes as part of minor version upgrades and a longer schedule -- like the one currently in practice -- to get new features, enhancements and bug fixes as part of major version upgrades.
Is there going to be a 10.13.1.2 release?
I think that there will be a 10.13.2 maintenance release later this year. The developer community is discussing when that will happen.