database instances and differing data directory path

database instances and differing data directory path

egan0019
I am using Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver") to load
one embedded derby in my application.  It works successfully.  I want to be
able to control the path for the database instances, though.  It seems to
always default to the present working directory.  Each of my databases are
contained in a directory specific to their parent sub-application.  So, I
would like something like this (notice virtual_host_1 and virual_host_2
directories in data path):

database         data directory
application_1    virtual_host_1/application_1/
application_2    virtual_host_1/application_2/
application_3    virtual_host_2/application_3/

Is there a way to specify this for each database instance without having to
load separate EmbeddedDriver`s in each sub-directory?

I'm trying to make this question short.  If you need more from me to
clarify, please request.

-mark

Re: database instances and differing data directory path

egan0019
I found all my answers in the Derby 10.0 Developer's Guild.