updating autoincrement value after save

a.winter
Hi torque-users,

I'm trying to get the primary key (generated by the databses using
autoincrements)
after saving my object, but the id of the object is 0.

object.save()
object.getId() ---> 0

If I select the object after saving it, I get the correct value.

object.save()
object = ObjectPeer.doSelect(...)
object.getId() ---> 4711

Im Using Torque 3.1.1 with MySql 4.1.1.
What can I do to get the id without selecting the object again.

Thanks for your answers,
Arndt

Re: updating autoincrement value after save

tfischer
Hi Arndt,

I could not reproduce your problem using the current cvs version.
I have used the bookstore-schema from the runtimetest:

<database
   name="bookstore"
   defaultIdMethod="native">
     <column
       name="author_id"
       required="true"
       primaryKey="true"
       type="INTEGER"
     />

and the author id is not zero after a save (note that in cvs, primary
keys are autoincrement by default)
However, this does not mean that this problem could not exist in Torque
3.1.x, as Henning has done some garbage collection in the id generation
code.

Have you tried to debug into Torque code and see what happens ?

     Thomas