[web] put releases in own category in site.xml, use cli.xconf

[web] put releases in own category in site.xml, use cli.xconf

Andrew McIntyre-2
Attached is a patch to make some minor changes to how the website is
built for the release pages, including moving them to their own
category in site.xml and using the Cocoon CLI configuration to pull
in the release html. If someone (Jean, I'm looking at you :-) ) could
review the patch, that would be great.

On a related note, I noticed that a lot of websites are linking
directly to release-10.1.1.0.html, because I put that URL in the
original announcement. However, this URL now serves up the
unmirrorized template HTML page. I'm thinking that we should redirect
release-10.1.1.0.html to release-10.1.1.0.cgi. Any objections?

andrew

website.diff (31K) Download Attachment

Re: [web] put releases in own category in site.xml, use cli.xconf

Jean T. Anderson
Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> Attached is a patch to make some minor changes to how the website is
> built for the release pages, including moving them to their own
> category in site.xml and using the Cocoon CLI configuration to pull  in
> the release html. If someone (Jean, I'm looking at you :-) ) could
> review the patch, that would be great.

I promise to look at it this weekend, Andrew.

> On a related note, I noticed that a lot of websites are linking
> directly to release-10.1.1.0.html, because I put that URL in the
> original announcement. However, this URL now serves up the  unmirrorized
> template HTML page. I'm thinking that we should redirect
> release-10.1.1.0.html to release-10.1.1.0.cgi. Any objections?

sounds sensible.

  -jean

Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> Attached is a patch to make some minor changes to how the website is
> built for the release pages, including moving them to their own
> category in site.xml and using the Cocoon CLI configuration to pull  in
> the release html. If someone (Jean, I'm looking at you :-) ) could
> review the patch, that would be great.

'forrest site' results in this error, even though there is a source
releases/release-10.1.1.0.ihtml file:

    X [0]                                     release-10.1.1.0.html
BROKEN: No pipeline matched request: release-10.1.1.0.xml

The file doesn't get 'skinned', so doesn't have the same reduced site
nav menu that the skinned release-10.0.2.1.html has.

Is that expected? I haven't worked with the cli.xconf file.

btw, it's very nice the way your cli.xconf changes suppress the broken
link reports for the [preferred] and [location] urls.

  -jean

On Aug 20, 2005, at 3:08 PM, Jean T. Anderson wrote:

Andrew McIntyre wrote:

Attached is a patch to make some minor changes to how the website is  built for the release pages, including moving them to their own  category in site.xml and using the Cocoon CLI configuration to pull  in the release html. If someone (Jean, I'm looking at you :-) ) could  review the patch, that would be great.

'forrest site' results in this error, even though there is a source
releases/release-10.1.1.0.ihtml file:

   X [0]                                     release-10.1.1.0.html BROKEN: No pipeline matched request: release-10.1.1.0.xml

The file doesn't get 'skinned', so doesn't have the same reduced site nav menu that the skinned release-10.0.2.1.html has.

Is that expected? I haven't worked with the cli.xconf file.

whoops, no it's not expected. The src attribute of the <uri> tag in cli.xconf that pulls in releases.html had a typo in the patch I submitted to the list. This line:

<uri type="append" src="release-10.1.1.0.html"/>

should read:

<uri type="append" src="releases/release-10.1.1.0.html"/>

fix that, and you should get no broken links, skinned HTML goodness, etc. Take note, though, to issue FOR-480:

The skinned html ends up being generated into $FORREST/main/site and has to be mv'd over to the build/site directory.

andrew

Re: [web] put releases in own category in site.xml, use cli.xconf

Jean T. Anderson
OK, this builds without error and the output looks good.

Now just need to update
src/documentation/content/xdocs/papers/derby_web.xml with this tidbit: